Friday, January 8, 2010

Take a moment to reflect

Let us make these supplications, their purpose being to eliminate hardship, anxiety and grief:

“There is none worth of worship except of Allah, the Ever-Forbearing, the Most Great. There is none worth of worship except Allah, the Lord of the Tremendous Throne. There is none worthy of worship except Allah, the Lord of the Heavens, the Lord of the earth, and the Lord of the Noble Throne. O’ Ever-Living, and O’ One Who sustains and protects all that exists, there is none worthy of worship except You, and by Your mercy do we seek Your aid.”

“O’ Allah, Your mercy do i hope for; so do not leave me to myself, not even for the blinking of an eye. And make well for me all of my affairs. There is none worthy of worship except You.”

“I seek forgiveness from Allah; none is worthy of worship except Him. He is the Ever-Living and the One who sustains and protects all that exists, and I turn to Him in repentance.”

“There is none worthy of worship except You, and how perfect you are; verily, I was among the wrongdoers.”

“O’ Allah, verily I am Your slave, the son of Your slaves; my forelock is in Your hand, Your order concerning me will be executed and just is You judgment upon me. I ask You by all of Your names that you have named Yourself with, have revealed in Your book, have taught to one of Your creation, or is in Your knowledge only (from the matters of the unseen) – make the Qur’an the spring of my heart, the light of my chest, the remover of my sadness, and the purger of my anxiety.”

“O’ Allah, I seek refuge in you from anxiety and grief, from inability and laziness, from avarice and cowardice, from being engrossed by debt, and from being overpowered by men.”

“Allah (Alone) is Sufficient for us, and He is the Best Disposer of affairs (for us).”

No comments:

Post a Comment